Marketing Process: Page 5 of 8
This makes it a highly competitive marketplace and brands relentlessly fight for market share in their respective sectors and there is a continuous battle for FMCG businesses to expand in to more sectors.
From a simple spread …..to a healthy snack…..and chocolate confectionary…even toiletriesThe FMCG market structure and nature has a very real impact on the marketing plan and marketers concentrate on creating the right mix that will cut through the noise of a busy and overcrowded market place.
For example, FMCG marketers focus on:
- Building highly valuable consumer brands
- Gaining intense retail distribution to ensure widespread availability
- Closely tracking consumer trends and changes
- Manipulating price for competitive advantage
- Finding new channels to engage with their target consumers
- Increasing impulse purchases at point of sale